Wednesday 20 November 2013

The good news and the bad news

Amazing views of Tirana

Slowly but surely I'm getting settled to Tirana. I have just moved away from the high school dormitories and now I live in a nice, big apartment. Quite ironically, and without any exaggeration, this is overwhelmingly the best apartment where I've ever lived. Yes, this is much, much better than any of the many apartments where I have lived in Glasgow or London. Luckily, the apartment is only a short walk away from my office, although I have to be extremely careful of those so annoying open manholes in the streets.

So what are the good and the bad news? The bad news is always-so-frustrating rejection after a job interview. This was not even a "real" job position but an internship. I feel like I'm now paying the big price for studying so much, and not caring about doing too many of those unpaid internships that-would-look-so-good-on-my-CV. If competition is this high into underpaid internships, what will it be when applying for the real jobs?

Then the good news (besides of my new apartment). I finally got the long-awaited results of my second master's degree and the grades really exceeded my expectations. So it looks like that my long (I mean very long) way towards applying for a PhD has taken one small, although significant step forward. I guess I'll be busy with proposal writing until January, probably longer. Now all thumbs up that my dream of doing a PhD will finally come true! Very good that I'm here in Albania, what a perfect place for inspiration!

Change Maker loves Tirana

No comments:

Post a Comment