Monday 4 November 2013

Time to go

Looks like the change I am going through is going to be even more radical than I first thought. I'm heading to a new country, I have never been there even as a tourist. Changing the country is never easy, and it is obviously even harder when I suddenly find myself in a new, strange environment where I must encounter with a new language, new customs and local bureaucracy. I know for sure (hopefully) where I'll be for the next three months, but what then? Such uncertainty is the reason why I have prepared myself for almost anything ranging from serious work to adventure traveling. Accordingly, I am taking a wide range of clothing and other items with me. How often do you see someone packing business suit into a travel rucksack, as I'm doing here?


I'm normally very seasoned in packing, but this time it has been anything but easy. First thing to consider: should I take a rucksack or a suitcase? Thinking about all the bumpy roads, narrow staircases, but first and foremost, my love of camping, I decided to go for a rucksack. Secondly, even though I have traveled many times, my long trips have usually taken place in the summer, when one obviously needs much less warm clothing. Squeezing all the winter clothing and shoes into the rucksack was quite tough, especially considering that I need clothes both for work and leisure time. Still have to practice for serious business packing (if I ever find myself in such a position...)

Where I'm going and what I'm going to do will be the topic of my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment